Tag Archives: W P Griggs & Co
Station Road West and the Branfill Park Estate
Until the first decade of the nineteenth century, there were no buildings on the west side of what was then called Hall Lane (later Station Road) northwards from what was later known as Chestnuts Corner up to what was the … Continue reading
New Place – lost jewel in Upminster’s crown
How strange that one of Upminster’s finest houses, Sir James Esdaile’s New Place built around 1775, fell into poor repair and was demolished in 1924, while the adjacent stable block survives to this day? And that after New Place was … Continue reading