Tag Archives: Edward Tutet

New Place – lost jewel in Upminster’s crown

How strange that one of Upminster’s finest houses, Sir James Esdaile’s New Place built around 1775, fell into poor repair and was demolished in 1924, while the adjacent stable block survives to this day?  And that after New Place was … Continue reading

Posted in Upminster Buildings & Places | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | 8 Comments