Tag Archives: Edward Oakes

Upminster’s Cosy Corner (137 St Mary’s Lane)

Older residents recall with nostalgia Upminster’s Cosy Corner Café, which was a distinctive feature of the Bell crossroads until it was demolished by Hornchurch UDC in January 1957 in the name of “progress”, to make way for road widening and … Continue reading

Posted in Upminster Buildings & Places | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment